NLP Processing, An Automated Resume Processing Application
Business Requirements :
Automated Resume Screening software.
- Singapore based staff augmentation/manpower sourcing company with clients to multiple domains.
- The customer wanted a resume parsing and conversion to HR-JSON format. The matching of the resumes to a selected JD with ranking of the results.
Solution Approach :
- The input to the system can be a html, word or a pdf document that is converted to a normalized text file format.
- Multiple NLP processing schemes are applied to extract the relevant sections of the JD and Resumes.
- A scoring engine then ranks the match or the mandatory and good to have skills.
- The results of the search & match are displayed of an intuitive dashboard.
- Search refinements can be carried out in the system with unspecified requirements , like, joining date, CTC, travel rediness, etc.
Technologies Used :
- AI/ML algos including ANN, DNN, and simple regex.
- Flexible and customizable NLP pipeline.
- Includes a smart text generator.
- Uses LAMP stack.
- The GUI is a HTML/JS script.
- Backend: MongoDB, Flask and Restful API.
- Uses domain specific taxonomies.
Benefits to Customer :
- Quick turn-around to client request.
- More time spent on validating JD and candidate claims.
- Match the resume database to multiple JDs.
- and shortlist the same candidate to the best match.
- Submitting the resumes to client in a standardised format.
- System has facilities to allow the recruiter to add additional comments / observations.
- made by the recruiter or the clients to improve future matches of the candidate.